I decided about a month ago to register for the Declare Conference in Dallas. I’m ready to move to the next level with blogging (whatever that might mean) and I thought a local conference might provide some more motivation and encouragement. Based upon the podcasts I’ve already heard, I know I will be blessed.
As a getting to know you exercise, the leadership has asked us to share:
- 4 THINGS ABOUT ME
- 4 OF MY ENDEARING QUIRKS
- 4 THINGS ABOUT MY BLOG & WRITING
- 4 OF MY FAVORITE THINGS
- I’ve been married for 27 years to a very kind and patient man.
- I’m a mom to two boys who are 13 and 16 and the exact opposites of each other.
- I work from home managing a church bulletin subscription business.
- I homechool my boys using Cornerstone Curriculum’s World Views of the Western World.
- I’m an introvert who waits to speak until I believe I’ll be heard.
- I’m a caregiver who loves to encourage and care for my extended family.
- I was diagnosed with ADD a few years ago which explains why my brother describes me as a frog jumping from lily pad to lily pad.
- I love to read and believe the answer to almost anything can be found in the right book.
About My Blog & Writing
- I just decided to combine my two blogs into one before attending the conference.
- I’m a curator and a resource collector more than a writer. I’ve been collecting and categorizing internet bookmarks for years and started my Bible Crafts blog as a way to share some of those resources.
- I love creating projects and want to improve sharing and teaching online.
- My theme is Connecting Faith and Creativity. I want encourage folks who don’t think they are creative to do something hands-on as a means to express and remember their faith.
- I love to listen to hymns. When struggling through several years of grief, hymns were my main connection to my faith.
- I love collecting books on my Kindle and reading them as well.
- I love paper crafting, card making, digital art journaling, and digital scrapbooking.
- I love a good cup of coffee and quiet times at home.